Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, July 04, 2005

Dylan, Willie

The concert was amazing.

Willie looked a little frail when he walked out on stage, but then again he is 72. But he wasn't slowed down at all. It was typical Willie enthusiasm throughout his show.

Was my first time to see Dylan. What surprised me was that he was actually animated, and totally appeared to be into his show big-time. He danced around a little behind his keyboard, bobbed and weaved his head while wearing a cowboy hat, and even knocked his knees together a couple of times!

He opened with Maggie's Farm, and absolutely rocked the entire time he was on stage. I don't know if he messed up the words in the first song or not, but he looked over at the guitar player next to him and laughed about something. No Desolation Row, and even no Rolling Stone. No matter. He wound up with All Along the Watchtower.

Knew I wouldn't be able to take big camera in, so all I had was cell phone camera. Was about 50 feet from the stage, so they won't be very good. Am now waiting for pic to arrive in email. Sent it about 15 minutes ago.

Anyway, it was possibly the concert of a lifetime for me, even after seeing Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker Band and Charlie Daniels in New Orleans, and Foghat, Lynyrd Skynyrd (before the plane crash) and Clapton in Memphis. I think to have seen Dylan was to see THE person in music. Amazing.

1 Comments:

Blogger MRCLEAN said...

I sure wished that I could have went, I am sure that it was a wonderful show.

July 04, 2005 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ZIP Code Maps