Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, September 03, 2005

No Title

I still can't get through to relatives in Ellisville, MS, 90 miles north of Gulfport. All phones are out. I did talk to a radio dispatcher in Laurel, about 7 miles north. I couldn't believe I was actually talking to someone in Mississippi. But she didn't have much info.

A Hamburg trucking company has a driver who lives in Ellisville. They're trying to get in touch with him for me so he can check on the house, but he wasn't home when they first tried him.

Worried about the relatives, of course. Last time I talked to my aunt on Monday at 3 p.m., she said they were right in the middle of it. The carport door had just blown away and the windows under the carport had blown out. My cousin had a tree down on his carport.

My mother's sister and her daughter are staying up the road at her grandaughter's house. I just wish I could talk to them. Will probably make a one-day run Sunday.

The Oceanarium where Andrew and I were about two weeks ago is gone. The dolphin pool is empty. The dolphins were evacuated to a Best Western pool across the highway, and are believed to be fine.

Look at the before and after pictures of the Oceanarium. The aquarium is gone. Most everything in Gulfport and Biloxi are gone.

Supposed to be 90 percent power poles down in Ellisville; probably no power for 4-6 weeks, trees down everywhere. If I make it Sunday, and if it still stands, I'll go in the shop in the back yard, get the generator, and take it to my aunt and cousins. I'll take water and canned food to them, too. Lord, I hope they don't need it.
ZIP Code Maps