Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Nano, Nano

I'm about to take the plunge and get an iPod Nano. I can get the 500 song version for $200 or the 1,000 song version for $250. I'll get the 500 song version. Hell, I'm not sure I've even heard 1,000 different songs in my life.

My smart (aleck) son, however, said as old as I am, I've probably heard a million. No, I don't remember seeing Beethoven in concert.

I've already downloaded a few songs from iTunes in anticipation. All blues so, far of course:

B.B. King–To Know You is to Love You and The Thrill is Gone.

Little Milton–His last CD, "Think of Me." The entire CD for $10.

Tinsley Ellis–To the Devil for a Dime (live version)–damn good stuff.

Jimbo Mathus–Stateline Women, also damn good stuff.

I'll get some non-blues stuff, too. In the 70s when 8 tracks were the rage (and also the only alternative to radio), Everybody had the following tapes: Guess Who Greatest Hits, CCR Greatest Hits, some Hendrix and some Clapton.

So what would an iPod Nano be without a few classics, like Layla, Hotel California, Green Grass and High Tides, and Freebird.
ZIP Code Maps