Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

English: UGH!

At the end of the last nine weeks grading period, my son:

Had the second highest grade in his class in math.

Had the second highest grade in his class in science.

And had a 61 (barely a D) in English.

Hates English. Hates it, hates it, hates it.

Now, it's research paper time. Finally got the note cards and outline done. He said the outline was done like the paper was a 5-point essay. Now he's "confused." Not sure if it's supposed to be written like a 5-point essay or research paper.

One day left before final draft is to be turned in.

Because of the D, this is pass or fail for the second semester.

My hair went gray years ago. Next, it'll be falling out because I'll be pulling it out.

4 Comments:

Blogger ginger said...

Yikes! Research Papers are a necessary evil that I loathe, yet must teach. My students do more than a 5 paragraph in 10th and 11th grade, but I don't know the requirements for the 9th grade papers. If you want me to check over it, email it to me. I'd be happy to look at it. :)

May 18, 2005 4:40 PM  
Blogger fairygirl701 said...

Gosh, I was opposite him in school great in english, but terrible in math. Yeah, I know the usual girly stereotype. Look at it this way, perhaps he'll be a great engineer someday.

May 19, 2005 12:55 AM  
Blogger ss said...

Ginger, he's doing a 1,000-word essay on OCD (unfortunately, he has a little bit of an insight). Thanks for the offer. We'll go with the rough draft and see what the teacher says.
Steph, he's hoping to be either a vet or marine bilogist. I'm hoping marine biologist, make much money and let me live with him near the beach.

May 19, 2005 6:35 AM  
Blogger ss said...

We made it through the rough draft; it sounded pretty good. Now, we'll wait and see what the teacher marks for revisions.

May 20, 2005 6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ZIP Code Maps