Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, May 20, 2005

Revenge of the Sith

We saw Revenge of the Sith Thursday night. After seeing the original movie aka/Star Wars/Episode IV-A New Hope in the theater when it was first released, it was good to see it come full circle, have questions answered.

There was also a let-down feeling, maybe because the saga is finally over, or maybe because "the good stuff" came toward the end of the movie.

SPOILER ALERT (as if you probably don't already know):



Seeing the physical birth of Darth Vader (Palp had already named him) was pretty awesome. When he sat up and breathed from behind his mask, the audience kind of laughed and kind of did a breath intake. And when James Earl Jones finally spoke for the first time in the movie, well, that was the highlight for me.

Vader's "birth" was intercut with the birth of the twins. Very cool.

Yoda, as before, was kick-ass.

General Grevious lived up to the hype as he waved four light-sabers at once.

But Palps stole the show. His character became the center of attention during the movie. Very well played.

In the original trilogy, the twins, Luke and Leia, were the centerpiece.

The prequel trilogy, of course, centered on Anakin, why he gave in to the dark side and the rise of Vader.

I hate to see it end, but it did come full circle. The end of Revenge of the Sith blends perfectly into A New Hope. Even if you're a casual Star Wars fan, like, it's all worth it.

1 Comments:

Blogger MRCLEAN said...

Boy o boy, I hope to be able to get off this weekend to go see the movie, I cant wait. I am a huge star wars fan. I can still remember standing outside the theater in Greenville, MS. when I was about 6 years old to see the First one. It was amaing. i can still remember the long lines then. WOW that was about 1978 if I am not mistaken. I wish my kids were star wars fans so I could take them to see this one, but they can care less.

May 25, 2005 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ZIP Code Maps